Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Q: How can I put a favicon on my Sourcefire Defence Center's webpages?

A:

If you're like me, you like to have favicons because they make your browser's bookmarks look so much better. I don't know why Sourcefire does not include a favicon, but it seems to work (at least for Firefox) just to put a favicon in the correct location on the DC.

First get or make a favicon you want to use. I spent 10 minutes cutting out a little pig and converting it to favicon format, only to later realize that what I ended up with looked exactly like the favicon on http://www.snort.org/, except mine did not have the transparent background. So I grabbed http://www.snort.org/favicon.ico.

Once you have your favicon.ico file ready, just copy it to your Defense Center webserver's document root. For me this was /usr/local/sf/htdocs/favicon.ico. If you are using Firefox, it will find the favicon for you without it having to be in the HTML head section or anything like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home